SEN/Disability Worker, Liverpool, £20,344 per annum pro-rata (actual £10,172) /17.5 hours per week/fixed term to 31st December 2019
We are looking for a committed, pro-active Special Educational Needs (SEN)/Disability Worker, with specific responsibility to coordinate the support provided by the centre for young children special educational needs and disabilities and their families. Based in Granby Children’s Centre, you will serve the reach area of the centre.
The role will include:
• Facilitating universal early learning groups to support children’s speech language & development, therefore the person must have sound knowledge of normal levels of language development for children 0-5 years.
• Supporting parents of children with additional needs
• Co-ordinating services and agencies to provide a package of support via EHAT.
• Work with PVI settings developing language enrichment and tracking children’s progression.
• Facilitate targeted groups for children with complex additional needs.
• To provide support for individual children as appropriate within the Children’s Centre.
• To work in partnership with parents and carers providing support and information about services on both an individual and group basis.
• To take the lead on the promotion of inclusion strategies within the Children Centre
The successful applicant will have a level 3 in health, social care, childcare, or education or equivalent, and meet the person specification.
You will have a strong knowledge and skill-based relating to SEN and Disability for children aged 0-5 and their families. You will also understand child development from 0 to 5, and understand the ethos and services of children’s centres. An enhanced DBS will be undertaken
We VERY strongly advise you to apply your skills and experience to the person specification when completing your application, which is via our online or downloadable form below. Interviews are provisionally scheduled to take place during July 2019. No agencies, please.
Closing date: 10am, Monday 15th July 2019.