Children and Families Engagement Worker, based in Yew Tree/West Derby/Tuebrook Children’s Centre, in Liverpool (1 position)
£8.50 per hour/21 hours per week/initially fixed term to 30th September 2019
We are looking for a dedicated Children and Families Engagement Worker, to increase registration and active take-up of service for families with children under 5.
The main aims of the post are:
• Increase the number of Children & Families registered with the Children Centres
• Increase engagement in Children Centres services, both universal & targeted.
• Identify Children & Families in need of Early Intervention Support and sign post to the Children Centre
• Support Children Centre in achieving both Registration & Active Registration targets. Focus on lower disadvantaged areas of the community,
• Engage vulnerable families to reduce the gap in outcomes between deprived families and the rest of the population.
Based in Tuebrook, West Derby and Yew Tree Children’s Centre in Liverpool,(three locations) you will spend the majority of your time in the community encouraging families to take-up services, including door knocking. You will be qualified to NVQ level 2 or equivalent professional qualification in health, social care, childcare, or education. You will be have some experience working with children aged 0-5 and their families and be able to deliver outreach services in the community. Being able to identify possible services a family may need is important.
You will need to understand the ethos and services of children’s centres. An enhanced DBS will be undertaken
We strongly advise you to apply your skills and experience to the person specification when completing your application, which is via our online form below. No agencies, please. Interviews currently scheduled to be held late March/early April 2019.
Closing date: 10am Friday 29th March 2019.