Activity Worker (2 positions), Liverpool, £9 per hour /16 hours per week/term-time initially until 31st March 2020
We are looking for two committed, pro-active Activity Workers, with specific responsibility to support and deliver family & child activities (such as Rhyme Time, Stay and Play, Messy Play, Baby massage, baby weighing, physical activity sessions, Early Years Workshops, Early Support and others), which provide childcare, education, health and family support. Based in Fazakerley/Croxteth/Stoneycroft/Knotty Ash Children’s Centre, you will serve the reach area of the centre.
The role will include:
• To work as part of the children’s centre team to deliver family & child activities and creches, which provide childcare, education, health and family support
• To fully support the delivery within the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and be able to deliver continuous provision
• To maintain appropriate records and evaluation of sessions promoting EYFS development.
• To assist in the setting up and clearing of rooms for activities, including preparing snack and creating and updating wall displays.
• To work as part of the centre team to ensure a welcoming and friendly environment for children and families at all times.
• To support communication and language development for children in the centre’s reach area which may require further intervention.
• To provide regular feedback to parents about their child’s development and progress.
• To ensure the data & record keeping requirements of the children’s centre are adhered to.
• To build and maintain positive relationships with children, staff, parents/carers and line management
• To work within the framework of Safeguarding Children and Child Protection policy and procedures
• To deliver services within a fully inclusive equal opportunities framework
• To carry out her/his duties with full regard to the setting’s Health and Safety and confidentiality policies and procedures
The successful applicants will have a level 2 in Early Years, or education or equivalent, and meet the person specification.
The hours are 16 per week between Monday and Friday, the exact pattern of work not yet confirmed. As the centre covers four sites, being able to drive and access to a car is desirable.
You will have a strong knowledge and skill-based relating to understanding the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and ability to deliver within it, and are able to deliver continuous provision. An enhanced DBS will be undertaken
We VERY strongly advise you to apply your skills and experience to the person specification when completing your application, which is via our online or downloadable form below. Interviews are provisionally scheduled to take place during week commencing 23rd September 2019. No agencies, please.
Closing date: 10am, Friday 14th September 2019.