Welcome to footprints@ netherton
Our Ofsted-registered pre-school based in the heart of the Netherton community.
Footprints@ netherton pre-school
Children and families are at the heart of all we do.
For children’s First Steps in life away from home we are passionate about offering a homely, secure and nurturing environment with care and support from experienced practitioners who share our values and beliefs of improving children’s life chances by providing them with rich experiences and opportunities to play, laugh and learn and to make valuable, often lifelong friendships.
First Steps recognise that only when children feel physically and emotionally happy and secure, can they be ready to explore and learn about the big world around them.
In our @footprints childcare settings, First Steps encourages children to explore, be inquisitive, to learn and have fun. We delight in children’s achievements, no matter how small a step.
We empower children to give it a go, to keep on trying, to believe in themselves.
Our pre-school recognises the strong sense of community that our families feel, and we value our relationships with parents.
First Steps are all inclusive to the families that we serve and aim to provide parents/cares with the same nurture and support that we give to the children.
Meet the Team
Our Netherton Pre-school Team
Level 3 Practitioner
Deputy/Level 3 Practitioner
Deputy/Level 3 Practitioner
The First Steps Management Team from left to right: Sarah Mercer is the Company’s Deputy Manager, and oversees the setting in Netherton, ensuring quality standards are adhered to. Ann Howarth is our Administrator. Ian Merrison is Managing Director of the company and is the nominated person for the company with Ofsted. Jennifer Merrison is a Company Director. More details about them can be read here.
Opening Times and Location
Footprints@ Netherton delivers free Ofsted-registered childcare for two-to-four year olds that meet the eligibility criteria (see Admissions below) or who are purchasing a place. The nursery is located within Netherton Children’s Centre, Magdalen Square, Netherton, Bootle, L30 5QH
The pre-school has offers places for two-to-four year olds and operates Monday to Friday during term time.
Sessions run from 8.45am to 11.45am and 12.30pm to 3.30pm for half days. A full day is 8.45am to 2.45pm. You can choose 5 mornings, 5 afternoons or 2.5 days.
Admissions Policy for Funded Places
To book a funded place with the nursery, you need to be eligible to receive the two-year funding allocation as follows:
Access to the free offer of 15 hours two-year funding
Your 2-year-old can receive free early education and childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credits
- Child / Working Tax Credits and annual gross earnings of less than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 4 week run on (the payment you receive when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit Eligibility Criteria will be confirmed at a later date.
Children are also eligible if they:
- Are a Local Authority looked after child
- Are a child of a care leaver (Under the age of 25 years)
- Have a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan
- Access a Disability Living Allowance
- They have left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
To ensure that you and your child get the best from the pre-school Education we provide:
- All children will access a transition programme to support children’s entry to the pre-school.
- Irregular attendance without sufficient explanation may, at the discretion of the pre-school’s management, be construed as grounds for a child’s withdrawal from the pre-school, although this is something we would work with you to avoid.
- Appropriate medical and personal information about children admitted must be made available to the pre-school’s management and all staff at nursery will be treated as confidential.
Prioritisation of places
If demand for places exceeds supply, First Steps will admit by use of the following criteria which are listed in priority order:
- Children who are in care of the local authority.
- Children with siblings attending the pre-school/linked school at time of admission.
- Children with additional needs.
- Children who live closest to the pre-school, based on the proximity of their home address to the pre-school. Distance will be measured on an ordinance survey map as a straight line.
To apply and book a place
Applications for funding can be made on Sefton Council’s website here or ring the School Readiness Service on 0151 933 6021.
When you receive your funding place confirmation, please contact us on 07852 647962 to book your place. If oversubscribed, the prioritisation of places policy above will apply.
Policies and Procedures
If you are a parent, you can access our polices here, including Safeguarding Children and Child Protection, Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, and our other policies.
Footprints@ Netherton Pre-school is based within:
Netherton Children’s Centre,
Telephone: 07852 647962